OUR GREEN HOTEL INITIATIVES
Hotel Monteleone actively participates in the Green Key Eco-Rating Program and recently achieved 3 Green Keys
SOUTHERN GREEN HOSPITALITY
committed to implementing proactive measures to help protect the environment
- Ongoing staff education and awareness regarding environmentally-friendly steps both in the workplace and everyday life.
- The philosophy of “reduce, re-use, recycle” when it comes to energy, water and waste management.
- Ongoing and continuous improvement of our eco-friendly initiatives through regularly held meetings of our Green Committee.
- Factoring environmental considerations into purchasing decisions and strategies.
- The reduction in, and proper use and handling of, hazardous and toxic substances.
- Community involvement and support of all eco-friendly initiatives
The greening of our New Orleans hotel
- 50% of property’s lighting is energy efficient
- Digital thermostats in guestrooms
- 1.6 gallon toilets in guestrooms
- Eco-friendly cleaning supplies
- Towel/linen reuse program
- Housekeeping provides reminders to hotel guests about energy reduction
- Recycled paper and soy ink key cards
- Formation of Green Committee to be responsible for developing an Environmental Green Plan for energy, water, and solid waste
- Property donates leftover food to a local non-profit organization
- When possible, property donates linens to charities and shelters
- Meeting rooms have dimmers on lights and windows for natural light
- Meeting space uses glass, not disposable drinking cups
- Hotel recycles fluorescent lamps and printer cartridges
- Meeting space provides water in pitchers minimizing the use of ice and straws
- Hotel provides bicycle rack and bicycle storage for employees and guests
- Business office provides copiers with double-sided copying options
- Front desk provides walking maps and suggests guests walk or use public transportation
- Daily conference news can be broadcast on the in-room TV channel instead of printed and distributed
- At the close of a meeting, property is willing to distribute meeting materials and sample products left behind to a local charity that can put them to good use
- Recycling program in administrative areas of the hotel
- Able to recycle in meeting space upon request
- Green initiatives are implemented through HR to encourage and educate staff about eco-friendly living
Read more about Hotel Monteleone’s environmental commitment.