Roll out the red carpet, because Broadway in New Orleans has arrived, and it’s here to stay!
On September 27, 2013, the Saenger Theatre located on Canal Street reopened its doors for the first time in eight years. Also known as “The Crown Jewel of Canal Street,” the Saenger Theater has held up its reputation, bringing in an exciting and star-studded lineup, one show after another. Just how star-studded, you ask? The queen herself, Diana Ross, performed just the other night.
Concerts and Special Events at the Saenger Theatre
- Diana Ross: October 30
- Theresa Caputo (The Long Island Medium: November 3-4
- So You Think You Can Dance: November 5
- “1964 The Tribute” (Beatles Tribute: November 9
- Chris Tucker: November 15
- Bill Maher: November 16
- Celtic Thunder: November 17
- Joe Bonamassa: November 26
- The Irish Tenors Christmas: December 3
- Bonnie Raitt: December 6
- Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly: December 13-14
- Moscow Ballet’s “Great Russian Nutcracker”: December 26
- The Fresh Beat Band: January 10
- Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds: January 15-16
Broadway in New Orleans Series
The Saenger Theatre also welcomes Broadway Across America, opening the 2013-2014 Broadway in New Orleans Series on October 15th, with the Book of Mormon. The Broadway in New Orleans Series will continue with six other shows between mid-November and mid-May.
- Book of Mormom: October 15-27, 2013
- Ghost: November 19-24, 2013
- Sister Act: December 17-22, 2013
- Rain: January 17-19, 2013
- Beauty and the Beast: February 4-9, 2013
- Memphis: March 11-16, 2014
- War Horse: May 13-18, 2013
Hotel Monteleone Supports Broadway in New Orleans
Hotel Monteleone is proud to announce their partnership with the Saenger Theatre and Broadway in New Orleans. Hotel Monteleone will serve as the sponsor hotel for the Broadway Across America. We’re so excited about the introduction of Broadway back into New Orleans, we’ve created a special Broadway in New Orleans Package.
Hotel Monteleone offers Pre-Theater Dinner Packages at Criollo Restaurant & Lounge (with or without transportation). Dine at Criollo with our pre-theater dinner menu and enjoy three courses for just $50.00 per person. Download the Criollo pre-theater dinner menu, and learn more about the fantastic lineup of shows on the Saenger Theatre website.