Observed around the world in places like Portugal, Belgium, Romania, Brazil, and France, the Reveillon dinner is mostly a forgotten meal in the United States – except in New Orleans. This celebratory meal leading up to Christmas is a treasured New Orleans tradition. The Hotel Monteleone holds Reveillon dinners especially close: our restaurant, Criollo, offers five-course Reveillon dinners nightly from Dec. 1 through Dec. 25.
New Orleans City Business took notice of our decadent meal and Criollo’s “brilliant new dining room.” Placing Criollo fourth in his top ten list of Reveillon dinners around the city, restaurant writer Tom Fitzmorris especially loved our buche de Noel — we are one of only two restaurants offering the traditional dessert as part of the Reveillon meal. Make a reservation online or by calling (504) 681-4444.
The prix fixe menu ($68 per person) includes set soup and salad courses plus your choice of an appetizer, entrée, and dessert. Take a look at the incredibly decadent options our chefs are preparing:
First Course: Appetizers (Choose one)
- Hibiscus-cured gravlax (thinly sliced raw salmon) with artichoke, goat cheese, potato terrine, and stone-ground sweet dill mustard
- Mussels Pomodoro with red and yellow heirloom tomatoes, basil, vermouth, and pecorino Romano cheese
- Fricassee of rabbit and sweet breads with maitake, white beech, yellow chanterelles, morel mushroom, and a Hunters-style sauce (a mushroom demi-glace)
Second Course: Soup
- Butternut squash soup with baked brie, white truffle butter, and toasted brioche
Third Course: Salad
- Watercress bouquet salad with marinated pumpkin and seeds, grape tomatoes, pecan tuile basket drizzled with champagne dressing
Fourth Course: Entrée (Choose one)
- Chapapeela Farms duck breast with fried livers, red currants, and marsala gastrique
- Beef cheeks and charred sea scallop with caramelized cauliflower, arugula emulsion, and a potato gallette
- Coriander-crusted veal with seared foie gras, spiced chestnuts, and a port wine reduction
- Shrimp and mirliton-stuffed snapper with jumbo lump crab, gulf shrimp, Andouille sausage, and nantua sauce (a béchamel with crayfish butter)
Fifth Course: Dessert (Choose one)
- Bouche de Noel Yule log filled with coffee and vanilla genoise, cocoa butter cream, and raspberry and mango sauce
- Gateau Saint Honore cake with hazelnut profiteroles, Valrhona chocolate mousse, and candied berries
“Offering a Reveillon dinner menu is one of the Hotel Monteleone’s most treasured holiday traditions because it embodies what the holidays are all about, says Kent Wasmuth, our director of sales and marketing. “Friends and families gathering together to share a meal, celebrate and give thanks for each other’s company.”
To reserve a table for Criollo’s Reveillon dinner, call (504) 681-4444 today. The restaurant is located right within our hotel – we have rooms available for this magical holiday event!