Observed around the world in places like Portugal, Belgium, Romania, Brazil, and France, the Reveillon dinner is mostly a forgotten meal in the United States – except in New Orleans. This celebratory meal leading up to Christmas is a treasured New Orleans tradition.
The Hotel Monteleone holds Reveillon dinners especially close: our restaurant, Criollo, offers five-course Reveillon dinners (with a chic and contemporary twist) nightly from Dec. 1 through Dec. 25, 2017.
New Orleans City Business took notice of our decadent meal and Criollo’s “brilliant new dining room.” Placing Criollo fourth in a recent top ten list of Reveillon dinners around the city, restaurant writer Tom Fitzmorris especially loved our bouche de Noel — we are one of few restaurants offering the traditional dessert as part of the Reveillon meal. Make a reservation by calling (504) 681-4444.
2017 Reveillon Christmas Dinner Menu
The prix fixe, five-course menu ($75 per person) includes a set soup and salad courses along with your choice of an appetizer, entrée, and dessert. Take a look at the incredibly decadent options our chefs are preparing:
- Smoked Salmon & Crawfish Roulade with goat cheese, cucumber gelee, and caperberry
Choice of Appetizer
- Grilled Lamb Rosette and seared scallops with turnip greens and red beet puree
- Fricassee of Rabbit and Sweetbreads with maitake, white beech, yellow chanterelles, morels, and Hunters-style sauce
- Foie Gras-stuffed Quail with poivrade glace, sun-dried cherry, and pistachio chutney
- Roasted Acorn Squash Soup with smoked ham hock and chive oil
- Heirloom Beet Salad with cara cara orange, marcona almonds, pickled red onion, and goat cheese vinaigrette
Choice of Entree
- Lamb Navarin with stone-ground yellow grits, morel mushrooms, and natural jus
- Grilled Venison Noisette with duck fat-fried potatoes and leeks with Sauce Chasseur
- Flounder Paupiette with shrimp and scallop mousseline with lemon asparagus and Nantua sauce
- Roasted Goose and Spiced Pears with braised red cabbage, caramelized sweet potatoes, and pecan-bacon gastrique
Choice of Dessert
- Bouche de Noel with coffee and vanilla genoise, cocoa buttercream, and raspberry and mango sauce
- Gateau Saint Honore with hazelnut profiteroles, Valrhona chocolate mousse, and candied berries
“Offering a Reveillon dinner menu is one of the Hotel Monteleone’s most treasured holiday traditions because it embodies what the holidays are all about, says Kent Wasmuth, our director of sales and marketing. “Friends and families gathering together to share a meal, celebrate and give thanks for each other’s company.”
To reserve a table for Criollo’s Reveillon dinner, call (504) 681-4444 today. The restaurant is located right within our hotel – we have rooms available for this magical holiday event!