PRIVACY COMES FIRST AT OUR NEW ORLEANS HOTEL
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED ABOUT YOU? HOW DO WE USE IT?
Information and Content You Provide
Hotel Monteleone collects the content, communications, and other information you provide when you use the Monteleone Sites, including when you book a room on the Monteleone Sites, log into your I Prefer Hotel Rewards account through the Monteleone Sites, or communicate to Hotel Monteleone through the Monteleone Sites. Hotel Monteleone or its service providers acting on Hotel Monteleone’s behalf collect personal information (information that either on its own or when combined with other information, can be used to identify you) that you provide to us, such as your first and last name, email address, telephone number(s), mailing address, and payment information (including any payment access card information provided by you to make an online reservation). We also collect more specific information that you provide such as lifestyle and culinary preferences. Some of this more specific information is collected on the Monteleone Sites, and some is collected from marketing partner data forms distributed at the front desk of the Hotel Monteleone.
Information Collected Automatically
When you use the Monteleone Sites, we or our service providers, may also collect information about your use of the Monteleone Sites and the device you use to access the Monteleone Sites (e.g., your computer, tablet, phone, etc.) such as your IP address, country location, browser information (including type, capabilities, and language), operating system, the date and time you accessed the Monteleone Sites, and usage information, including the paths taken as you move from one webpage to another webpage. Information from Third Parties
We may also receive data from third parties, and combine this information with other information about you to facilitate more relevant, targeted communications as well as develop products and services that better suit our customers’ needs.
Legal Basis for Use of Information
If you are accessing the Monteleone Sites from the European Economic Area (“EEA”), then applicable law requires us to ensure that we only process your personal information when we have a legal basis to do so. We will only process your personal information where at least one of the following applies:
- If it is in the legitimate interests of Hotel Monteleone to use your personal information. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information to improve the Monteleone Sites, and to share your personal information with third parties who provide services to us relating to the Monteleone Sites. If you would like further information about how we decide when a particular use is in our legitimate interests, you may contact us using the contact details set out below.
- We need to use your personal information to manage our contractual relationship with you. For example, your personal information is used to process your room or table reservations.
- We may ask for your consent to use certain types of personal information by, for example, asking you to click an icon stating “Accept.” In these circumstances, your consent will be our legal basis for processing your personal information. If you have provided your consent, you may withdraw it at any time by “opting out” using the procedure provided below.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Hotel Monteleone and its service providers take the utmost care to ensure that the personal information we obtain from you is used appropriately. You may wish to submit an information request about our hotel, participate in one of our promotions, or subscribe to our email or postal mail lists. In response, we may ask for information such as your name and postal address. In the event you opt to provide us with this information, we will only use it for the purpose specified by you at the bottom of the information gathering form. In deciding whether or not to join such lists, please note that they are only used for the Hotel Monteleone purposes. Hotel Monteleone may use your personal data to:
- provide services you request, including:
- to facilitate reservations, payment, send administrative information, confirmations, pre-arrival messages, and other related customer service;
- to assist you with meetings and events; and
- to provide you with other information about the area and our hotel which you are about to visit.
- store and process that information to better understand your needs and how we can improve the products and services offered at our New Orleans hotel;
- contact you;
- identify you as the sender of, and to process, your emails;
- provide the features and functionality of the Monteleone Sites to you;
- send you emails or postal mail about special offers or promotions, if you have consented to this;
- and/or for business purposes such as data analysis, audits, security and fraud monitoring and prevention (including with the use of closed circuit television, card keys, and other security systems), developing goods and services, enhancing, improving or modifying our services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
Hotel Monteleone may also provide other third parties with aggregate – but not individual – information about visitors to or users of the Monteleone Sites.
SHARING OF DATA
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Hotel Monteleone’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Hotel Monteleone about users of the Monteleone Sites is among the assets transferred.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To third parties to perform services on our behalf, such as payment processing, email marketing, analytics, promotions, and customer service. These service providers will access your personal information as necessary for them to perform their duties. For example, we will share bank details and payment card information with payment processors when you provide a payment card in connection with a purchase.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hotel Monteleone, our customers, or others, including the exchange of information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- For business purposes such as data analysis, audits, security and fraud monitoring and prevention (including with the use of closed circuit television, card keys, and other security systems), developing goods and services, enhancing, improving or modifying our services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
Hotel Monteleone and/or its affiliates may also monitor aggregated data regarding use of the site for marketing purposes and to study, improve, and promote use of the Monteleone Sites. Hotel Monteleone will aggregate your data with the personal information of other persons so that it no longer identifies you), and any disclosure of aggregated data does not reveal personal information about individual site users in any way that identifies who they are or how to contact them.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
In some cases, Hotel Monteleone may automatically (i.e., not via registration) collect technical information when you connect to our site that is not personally identifiable. Examples of this type of information include the type of Internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system you are using, and the domain name of the website from which you linked to our site.
SPECIAL NOTE FOR PARENTS
The Monteleone Sites are intended for use only by persons who are at least 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Monteleone Sites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the Monteleone Sites or on or through any of its features/register on the Monteleone Sites, make any purchases through the Monteleone Sites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Monteleone Sites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you are a parent and believe your child who is under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information without your express consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your child’s information removed. Should Hotel Monteleone inadvertently acquire personal information or any other data from users under the age of 16, Hotel Monteleone will not knowingly provide this data to any third party for any purpose whatsoever, and any subsequent disclosure would be due to the fact the user under 16 used the Monteleone Sites and submitted personal information without solicitation by or permission from Hotel Monteleone and/or its affiliates.
INFORMATION PLACED AUTOMATICALLY ON YOUR COMPUTER – COOKIES
When you view the Monteleone Sites, we may store some information on your computer in the form of a “cookie” or other similar file, which can help us in many ways. A cookie file holds information related to your use of the Monteleone Sites including whether you are logged into your I Prefer account. Cookies allow us to tailor the Monteleone Sites to better match your interests and preferences. With most Internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. The following are examples of cookies we use:
- Cookies necessary for the functioning of the Monteleone Sites, including log-in, display of content, validating your session, and other functions;
- Session cookies to operate our hotel;
- Preference cookies to remember your preferences and various settings;
- Security cookies for security purposes; and
- Media cookies to improve the Monteleone Sites, which may be placed by us or by third parties who provide services to us.
Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. For further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.com/uk.
STORAGE OF YOUR DATA
If you reside in a country other than the United States of America, you should be aware that the data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored in, the United States of America. The laws of the United States of America may not protect the privacy of your information at the same level as provided by the laws of your country. In an effort to safeguard individual privacy, we will only transfer personal information from the EEA to the United States if one of the following applies: we have entered into an agreement using standard contract clauses (approved by the European Commission or a data protection authority) with our service provider or Affiliate regarding the transfer; the service provider that transfers the data is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework; or you give your express consent to the transfer.
If you provide personal information to Hotel Monteleone through Monteleone Sites, you acknowledge and agree that such personal information may be transferred from your current location to the offices and servers of Hotel Monteleone. If you have any questions about our transfer of personal information to the United States, or would like further information, please contact us using the details below.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
These terms apply to personal information collected by Hotel Monteleone through the Monteleone Sites if you are an EU resident.
Subject to applicable law, you have (i) the right to access and request personal information controlled by Hotel Monteleone, (ii) the right to request the transmission of the personal information you have provided to us to you or another company, (iii) the right to object to uses or disclosures of your personal information, (iv) the right to withdraw your consent in relation to our processing of your personal information based on your consent (however, such withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before such withdrawal), (v) the right to request deletion of your personal information and (vi) the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal information. Detailed descriptions of these rights may be found at http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32016R0679&from=EN .
You may exercise these rights free of charge unless the request is unfounded, excessive, or otherwise unreasonable, for instance, because it is repetitive. In some situations, we may refuse to act or may impose limitations on your rights, as permitted by law. Before Hotel Monteleone is able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you to verify your identity and/or provide other details to help us respond to your request. For the exercise of your rights, please contact Hotel Monteleone’s Data Controller via the method of your choice, below.
If you are dissatisfied, we ask that you contact us first to see if we can resolve the issue. However, if you are an individual in in Europe or certain other jurisdictions, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with an appropriate supervisory authority.
Hotel Monteleone can be contacted at:
- Attn: Data Controller, Hotel Monteleone, 214 Royal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130; or
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits users of the Monteleone Sites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, California residents should send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at: Attn: Data Controller, Hotel Monteleone, 214 Royal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130.
INFORMATION FROM SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES
PERMISSION FOR USE
WITHDRAWING CONSENT TO USE
LINKS PROVIDED TO OTHER SITES
Hotel Monteleone may provide links to a number of other websites that we believe might offer you useful information and services during your stay at our New Orleans hotel. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies of Hotel Monteleone. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of third parties, including without limitation, any website owners whose sites may be reached through the Monteleone Sites, nor can we control the activities of those websites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites by accessing their online policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data.
WHAT INFORMATION IS SECURE? WHAT ISN’T?
Email communication to and from the Monteleone Sites is not secure unless clearly noted otherwise. This is a risk inherent in the use of email. Please be aware of this when requesting information or sending forms to us by email.
For Hotel Monteleone’s internal use of data gathered from you on the Monteleone Sites, we employ industry standard encryption technologies to help protect consumer data.
POLICY MODIFICATIONS & CONTACTING HOTEL MONTELEONE
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail: Attn: Data Controller, Hotel Monteleone, 214 Royal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130