…3…2…1 — Happy New Year!
We’re not far from a brand-new year, and along with it, one of our favorite nights: New Year’s Eve. Ringing in the New Year in New Orleans will be extra special this year, as Dick Clark’s annual New Year’s Eve broadcast will feature the celebrations taking place in our very own French Quarter neighborhood.
Read on for our New Year’s Eve recommendations — as Ella Fitzgerald might croon, what are you doing New Year’s Eve?
Celebrate New Year’s Eve in New Orleans at Hotel Monteleone
Ring in the New Year right at one of the most historic spots in the French Quarter. There’s still time to book our fabulous Hotel Monteleone’s New Year’s Eve Package that includes:
- Welcome Cocktail in our famous Carousel Bar & Lounge
- Special admission for 2 to a fabulous New Year’s Eve party at Jax Brewery at their elegant Riverview Room.
- 9:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. We have reserved seats for this “Times Square of the South” celebration. Celebrate the arrival of the New Year in style at the elegant Riverview Room located at Jax Brewery.
- Included is a full buffet dinner; a premium open bar is available throughout the party. (Buffet 9:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.)
- Dancing to the fabulous party sounds of a local band.
- Champagne and New Year’s Eve Party favors.
- Enjoy the indoor and outdoor view of the riverfront crowds, countdown and ball drop, and the gala “dueling barges” fireworks display over the river at midnight.
- Breakfast at Café du Monde at Jackson Square during one morning of your stay including their world-famous Café au lait and beignets.
New Year’s Eve in New Orleans
No matter how you choose to ring in the New Year, there is plenty of excitement to be had all around the Crescent City!
Dick Clark’s Rockin New Year’s Eve Live Broadcast from NOLA — For the first time ever, New Orleans will be featured in this annual television tradition. The live segments that are planned will include the Fleur de Lis Drop at Jax Brewery and fireworks display over the river, along with performances from the Allstate Fan Fest as part of the annual AllState Sugar Bowl.
Fireworks on the River — You can enjoy the beauty of New Orleans’ fireworks over the river from a variety of different vantage points. For convenience, we suggest heading to Jax Brewery on Decatur Street near Jackson Square; anywhere around that area will offer gorgeous views of this annual tradition. Looking for something a little more off the beaten path? Take the Algiers/Canal Street ferry over to Algiers Point to watch the fireworks explode overhead from the other side of the river. The ferry will operating extended hours on New Year’s Eve.
Bourbon Vieux — Party on high at Bourbon Vieux, where a large balcony gives you a sweeping view of all the action. A party ticket is all inclusive, but be forewarned, this party is not for the faint of heart! If you’re looking for a particularly raucous New Year’s Eve, though, this is up your alley.
Carousel Bar & Lounge — For a refined New Year’s Eve, consider our own on-site bar and lounge. We feature live jazz music and special holiday cocktails amid seasonal, sparkling decor. At 11:45 p.m., hop on the rotating Carousel Bar — one rotation takes 15 minutes, so by the time you hop off, it’ll be a brand-new year!
Allstate Sugar Bowl — Every year, football fans flock to New Orleans during New Year’s weekend to watch the big game at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. The Sugar Bowl is about much more than just the game, however. The Fan Fest returns for its 11th year, featuring football themed activities and pep rallies with marching bands, mascots and cheerleaders. The Allstate Sugar Bowl Fan Jam takes place at Champions Square, just outside of the big game. It offers the ultimate tailgating experience, with free fun for all ages.
Start The New Year Off Right!
Want the most unforgettable New Year’s Eve experience in New Orleans? Be sure to book our New Year’s Eve package, which includes a buffet, reserved seats for the Jax Brewery fireworks display, champagne, beignets, and so much more.
We hope you’ll come party with us!