…3…2…1 — Happy New Year! We’re not far from a brand-new year, and along with it, one of our favorite nights: New Year’s Eve. New Year’s Eve in New Orleans is celebrated most vibrantly in the French Quarter. And lucky for you, that’s right where our hotel is located. See how we’ll be spending the evening — as Ella Fitzgerald might croon, what are you doing New Year’s Eve?
Celebrate New Year’s Eve in New Orleans at Hotel Monteleone
There’s still time to to book our low Papa Noel rates for the month of December, and we have a fabulous Hotel Monteleone’s New Year’s Eve Package that includes:
- Welcome Cocktail in our famous Carousel Bar & Lounge
- Special admission for 2 to a fabulous New Year’s Eve party at Jax Brewery at their elegant Riverview Room.
- 9:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. We have reserved seats for this “Times Square of the South” celebration. Celebrate the arrival of the New Year in style at the elegant Riverview Room located at Jax Brewery.
- Included is a full buffet dinner; a premium open bar is available throughout the party. (Buffet 9:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.)
- Dancing to the fabulous party sounds of “The Top Cats”.
- Champagne and New Year’s Eve Party favors.
- Enjoy the indoor and outdoor view of the riverfront crowds, countdown and ball drop, and the gala “dueling barges” fireworks display over the river at midnight.
- Breakfast at Café du Monde at Jackson Square
- Café au lait and beignets
New Year’s Eve in New Orleans
Steamboat Natchez — The iconic Steamboat Natchez hosts a special event tour on New Year’s Eve along the Mississippi River that features an open bar, holiday-themed dinner buffet, and live music. Hitting the water at 10 p.m., the later departure time ensures patrons will have a prime view from the water of the city’s famed fireworks at midnight.
Fireworks on the River — If you’d rather celebrate on dry land, you can still enjoy the beauty of New Orleans’ fireworks over the river from a different vantage point. We suggest heading to Jax Brewery on Decatur Street near Jackson Square; anywhere around that area will offer gorgeous views of this annual tradition.
Fleur de Lis Drop — In the same area, you can also witness the Fleur de Lis Drop at Jax Brewery. It’s a uniquely New Orleans take on the annual ball drop in Times Square in New York City.
Bourbon Vieux — Party on high at Bourbon Vieux, where a large balcony gives you a sweeping view of all the action. A party ticket is all inclusive, but be forewarned, this party is not for the faint of heart! If you’re looking for a particularly raucous New Year’s Eve, though, this is up your alley.
Carousel Bar & Lounge — For a refined New Year’s Eve, consider our own on-site bar and lounge. We feature live jazz music and special holiday cocktails amid seasonal, sparkling decor. At 11:45 p.m., hop on the rotating Carousel Bar — one rotation takes 15 minutes, so by the time you hop off, it’ll be a brand-new year!
Soul Train Party — Local music lover DJ Soul Sister hosts a 13th annual New Year’s Eve party year after year at One Eyed Jacks on Toulouse Street, just a few blocks from our hotel. Now in its 13th year, this fun evening has options for cover charge only or all-inclusive tickets that allow for open bar. With entertainment like The Booty Patrol Dancers and thumping sounds of vintage Soul Train tunes all night long, it’s no wonder this one is 21-and-up only! Doors at 10 p.m.
Our New Year’s Eve Package
Want the most unforgettable New Year’s Eve experience in New Orleans? Check out our New Year’s Eve package, which includes a buffet, reserved seats for the Jax Brewery fireworks display, champagne, beignets, and so much more. We hope you’ll come party with us!