A MESSAGE FROM THE HISTORIC HOTEL MONTELEONE
We are deeply committed to keeping our guests and employees safe at the Hotel Monteleone. As we continue to navigate this new normal, our leadership team has developed a “Playbook” to lay out protocols and helpful practices in every effort to support your health and well-being.
The following information contains current practices in place at the Hotel Monteleone to address the COVID-19 pandemic, based on guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, OSHA and the World Health Organization. This Playbook will be updated to reflect changes in directives and safety measures as they become available.
The following information covers:
- Cleaning and disinfection procedures
- New operating procedures to meet the post COVID-19 requirements
This has been a difficult time for everyone, and reestablishing an environment where guests and employees feel comfortable is our number one priority. It is our hope that by sharing this information we can help accomplish that goal, as everyone adapts to new operating protocols in today’s challenging conditions.
FRONT DESK & LOBBY
- The front desk will have Plexiglas shields in place.
- Staff will be required to wear face masks.
- Credit Card Machines will be placed on the desk. Devices will prompt guests to follow instructions.
- Increased cleaning frequency of the Lobby Area with a dedicated attendant sanitizing per shift.
- Restroom cleaning and sanitization of all public areas will follow CDC recommended procedures and frequency.
- Masks will be available for guests upon request.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided and visible.
- Valet attendants and valet managers will be required to wear face masks.
- The valet team will be provided with sanitizing wipes to sanitize car keys. Car interior surfaces which must be touched will be wiped clean before returning to guests, including door handles, gear shifts, steering wheels, and any other surfaces touched by valet.
- Two options will be provided for guests:
- Option 1: We will be happy to clean and sanitize your car for you while you watch us.
- Option 2: We will be happy to provide you with the sanitizing wipe so you may clean your car yourself.
- Housekeeping personnel will be required to wear face masks.
- Rooms will be cleaned and sanitized for guests arrival and again upon departure.
- Rooms will be sealed after cleaning. The seal will only be broken by the new guests.
- Rooms will be vacated for 72 hours prior to the next guests being able to check-in to a room.
- Housekeeping will not enter an occupied room unless specifically requested by the guest.
- All unnecessary items, such as paper products, pen, pad, etc., will be removed from guestrooms.
- A NEW In-Room Amenity will be provided: 1.25ML Hand Sanitizer.
FOOD & BEVERAGE OUTLETS
- The Carousel Bar & Lounge will be limiting its seating capacity.
- Please note food and alcoholic beverages will be available for you to order.
- All serving personnel, hostess, bartenders, cocktail waitresses, bussers and managers will be required to wear face masks.
- Increased cleaning frequency of the bar areas with one dedicated staff member sanitizing per shift.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed at the entrance of Criollo Restaurant and the Carousel Bar for guests use before entering the restaurant and bar area.
- Criollo’s NEW seating capacity is based on current government protocol.
- A Plexiglas shield will be placed at Criollo’s hostess stand.
- Cooks and chefs will be required to wear face masks and gloves.
- Signage will be placed on the floor at the Criollo Restaurant entrance to assist guests in line with social distancing.
- Room Service will not be offered at this time.
LOGO SHOP (Gift Shop)
- Logo Shop will close daily at 11am.
- A Plexiglas shield will be placed at the cashier station.
- Personnel will be required to wear face masks.
- New signage will be placed at the entrance, limiting capacity. Two guests will be allowed in Logo Shop at a time.
- Logo Shop will encourage room charges and credit card transactions to limit cash handling.
- Spa Aria will re-open July 1st, 2020.
PUBLIC AREAS (Fitness Center & Pool)
- Acqua Bella Pool Bar will operate on Thursday, Friday & Saturday only.
- The pool attendant will clean and sanitize chairs and tables after each guests use.
- Acqua Bella’s new seating capacity is based on current government protocol.
- Fitness Equipment will be cleaned after each use.
- Sanitizing wipes will be available in the fitness center.
CATERING & MEETING SERVICES
- All buffet and family-style service is suspended until further notice.
- Our banquet menu will be limited and evolve as circumstances in our area change. Currently we are only offering plated meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Meals will also be available in disposable ecofriendly packaging at the request of the meeting planner.
- Food portion controls have been implemented to reduce food exposure for prolonged periods of time
- All our chefs are ServSafe certified.
- All banquet staff will be required to wear face masks. Latex gloves will be worn by all staff during set-up and tear down. Waiters will be required to wear white cloth gloves during service of meals.
- Sanitation stations will be provided in common areas throughout the banquet space.
- Individual bottled water will be provided in lieu of water carafes on meeting tables and water stations.
- Seating capacities and floor plans will be reviewed on an event by event basis to ensure appropriate physical distancing.