The menus and participating restaurants might differ, but year after year, COOLinary New Orleans offers up the same delicious idea: for the whole month of August, diners can enjoy generous two- and three-course meals for unbeatable prix fixe prices all over the city.
Whether you choose a two-course lunch option or a three-course brunch or dinner option, you’ll indulge in some of the best food in New Orleans at a fraction of the normal price. You can find the whole list of restaurants here.
Need help deciding on where to start? Take a look at some of our recommendations for COOLinary, outlined by meal.
Midday hunger comes on strong, but usually we combat it with fast food, protein bars, or other fast eats.
- Criollo: This Creole-fusion restaurant is located right inside of our hotel. For just $20 you can enjoy your choice of appetizer & entrée or entrée & dessert; choose from appetizers like balsamic marinated Ponchatoula strawberries and flavorful entrees like grilled free range airline chicken breast. Unlike many COOLinary lunch offerings, this one includes dessert, too! We’re partial to the Mile High Parfait with raspberry sauce.
- Grand Isle: Utilizing fresh Gulf seafood and seasonal ingredients, Grand Isle in the Central Business District is just blocks from our hotel and is another solid option. Try the stuffed boudin balls and the crawtator crusted drum… although the gumbo braised garlic and herb stuffed pork shoulder roulade is equally as delicious.
- Commander’s Palace: The martinis at lunch are just 25 cents. Need we say more?
For $39, you can eat like a COOLinary king or queen with three-course meals:
- Johnny Sánchez: Come for the Achiote glazed gulf shrimp, stay for the coconut flan dessert. A wood grilled beet salad to start; be sure to order one of their beautiful cocktails, too!
- Charcoal Gourmet Burger Bar: Somewhat of a wild card for the dinner menu, this upscale burger joint features a meltingly tender Kobe beef burger. Another delicious pick is the Health Nut Salad bursting with quinoa, grilled salmon, and vegetables. Also includes appetizer and dessert.
- Muriel’s Jackson Square: Get your fix for New Orleans classics here, alongside a stellar location right next to St. Louis Cathedral. Gumbo, double-cut pork chops, and pain perdu bread pudding are just a few of the decadent options.
Brunch is a local favorite around here: since it’s usually a weekend meal, it gives us a chance to sleep in, get a leisurely start to the day, and enjoy incredible food well before dinner time.
- Restaurant R’Evolution: This inventive spot in the French Quarter takes brunch to a new level. Try the eggs a la creme with Gulf fish meuniere. And for a sweet tooth? White chocolate bread pudding crème Brûlée.
- St. Roch Market: If you can never decide what you want in a meal, head to a place with just about anything. St. Roch Market lets you choose from several vendors, including a fresh juice bar, seafood options, and much more.
- Mizado Cocina: For a Latin twist on brunch, try Mizado, offering dishes like Tres Leches French Toast. It’s also one of the most affordable brunch offerings at just $25, so you can order a cocktail or two.
Where To Stay While Celebrating COOLinary
Whether you’re planning a last-minute end-of-summer getaway or just need a staycation in New Orleans, Hotel Montelone’s summer vacation rates are a great way to dream easy in the Big Easy for less!
Our summer rates only last until September 9, 2016, so be sure to book now!